At 11:54 10/06/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I appreciate that this is not strictly a Cocoon issue - but thought
>there
>might be a guru here to help....
>
>I have a form which will be submitted to Cocoon for processing.
>
> From the XSLT:
>
><input type="submit" name="@target" value="Submit" />
>
>where @target will obviously correspond to some Cocoon
>pipeline match entry eg.   "forms/dothis"
>
>The question is - is it possible to force the output to appear
>in a new browser window - with <a href>, one could just
>use <a href="forms/dothis" target="_blank">
>but can the equivalent be done for a form??

Yes, a form element has a target attribute.  You can either use "_blank" to
open a new window every time, or use a specific name like "results" to send
the result of every submit to the same window.  If the window with the name
"results" does not exist yet (first submit) a new window is opened.
watch out! The target attribute is actually implemented to submit to a
frame with a certain name.  Make sure, if you are using frames, you don't
use the name of a frame.

More info: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

Bert