From: daniel robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 14 June 2002 8:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Version Hell

I thought it might have to do with the reload method, but it didn't seem reasonable that it would pop an error until the sitemap was re-built.  So that fixes that problem.

Anybody with ideas for:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No compiler found in your classpath. Make sure you added 'tools.jar'
    at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Javac.(Javac.java:91)

?????

Thanks

Darrell Cumming wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]" type="cite">
Have a look at your $COCOON_DIR/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf

Under the sitemap section. :)

It explains something like this;

The reload-method specifies the method for the regeneration:
asynchron: If the sitemap changes, the sitemap is regenerated at the
next request in the background and the incoming request is
served with the old sitemap. All subsequent requests are
served with the old sitemap until the regeneration in the
background has finished.
synchron: If the sitemap changes, the sitemap is regenerated at the
next request. When the regeneration is finished, the request
(and all subsequent ones) is served with the new sitemap.

So set the reload-method to syncron and your problem will go away.

FYI: I searched the archives and found this response from Vadim Gritsenko

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102379851819365&w=2

He states that the _DEFAULT_ asynchron reload-method is broken and will be
removed from > 2.03.

Good luck.

Darrell