Marty,

Yes I have just started with 1.8 for a production project.. not had time to look yet but get the same
error - I was using the 1.8.2 from the default SuSE 8 install but this gave the above error.

So I have downloaded the 1.8.2 lastest, build it and ran that under tomcat - now get:

http://om2.oyap.net/Cocoon.xml

or

Not Found

The requested URL /Cocoon.xml was not found on this server.

http://om2.oyap.net/cocoon/samples/index.xml

WORKING NOW ... BUT HOW?? was not a day or so ago :) must be a cache reload issue.

Have not had the time to look at the other bits.. maybe weekend.

But to get that far I did nothing but do a build.sh!

Paul

Marty McClelland wrote:
I haven't installed 1.8 in a while - and from my memory - this looks like
the kind of error I got when I didn't follow the installation instructions
carefully ( i.e. jars not in the right directory, or not loaded in the
appropriate sequence, .... )

Have you searched the archives?

marty