Has anyone encountered this problem? Maybe it's not a problem,
but a feature!

I'm experimenting with aggregation, and the decomposition of
stylesheets. When I change an "imported" stylesheet, it's not
being applied by Cocoon until the "importing" stylesheet
is changed.

Environment:
        Tomcat 4.0.1
        Cocoon version 2.0.2-dev
        JRE 1.3.1

I have a pipeline that looks like this:

   <map:match pattern="aggregateit">
     <map:aggregate element="topelement">
          <map:part element="aElement" src="somefileA.xml"/>
          <map:part element="bElement" src="somefileB.xml"/>
     </map:aggregate>

     <map:transform src="stylesheets/aggregateit.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

The file aggregateit.xsl looks something like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:import href="part1core.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="part2core.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="topelement">
        blah blah requiring something from part1core.xsl
        blah blah requiring something from part2core.xsl
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Now, if I change part1core.xsl, the changes are not
showing up in the output of my aggregateit pipeline.
But if I just "touch" aggregateit.xsl, the changes in part1core.xsl
show up.

I haven't looked at the Cocoon code, but I have my suspicions about
why this happens. My question is, is this the intended behavior?
Maybe importing stylesheets isn't a good idea?

Regards,

--- Bob