We have upgraded from Cocoon 2.0.1 to Cocoon 2.0.2

One of our transformers can no longer handle internal requests.  The code
that fails is:

public void setup(SourceResolver resolver, Map objectModel, String src,
Parameters par)
  throws SAXException, ProcessingException, IOException
{
    Request request = (Request) objectModel.get(Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);

    // This line here gets a ClassCastException.
    HttpRequest hreq = (HttpRequest)request;

    Session session = hreq.getSession();

    Context context = (Context)objectModel.get(Constants.CONTEXT_OBJECT);

    handler.setInputs(session, request, context);
}

The hreq variable is not used anywhere else.  It seems to be only for
getting the session.  What method do I use for getting the session for
internal requests ( in 2.0.2 ) ?

Thanks in advance,

Jason Uithol
Data Technologist