Hi Dirk,

Great that you like the portal!!

   - a coplet contains a linklist to other local resources
   - clicking on one link loads the desired target within the same coplet
<<

there are several ways of doing this:

If the coplet is supposed to "remember" the selected resource then:

Make the coplet a configurable coplet (like the news one in the current
portal). Each configurable coplet has a configuration pipeline in the
sitemap. In your case this would then display the links to other resources.
Once selected the coplet will then always display the resource. It can be
reconfigured by clicking on the configuration icon in the title bar.

One of the problems of using HTML to render the portal is the fact that the
complete display needs to be re-generated for changes in one coplet to
appear inside the portal (i.e. your "clicking on one link loads the...").
But it is possible. The coplet pipeline would need to maintain state inside
the session (i.e. know when to show the URI and when to show the link-list).
You may also want to look at using an IFRAME inside the portal. We use this
to generate a constantly updating coplet showing stock quotes.

That's a few ideas off the top of my head.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.s-und-n.de