Hi Vadim -

Thanks for the suggestion - my code now works
perfectly.  I actually knew that an action not
returning a map object will cause the rest of the
pipeline, inside the <map:act>, to be skipped.

I didn't think this was my problem because in sample
code 'employee.xsp' the action is not always executed,
yet the pipeline always executes -- at least that how
it seems. Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks again.  It's great that you're out
there, answering questions and giving help.  It's
really appreciated.

Sylvia

--- Vadim Gritsenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102441015928210&w=2