OK :-))

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Inviato: mercoledì 31 luglio 2002 15.45
A: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: RE: Multiple map:resource calls

> From: Lorenzo De Sio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Hi Vadim,
>
> I tried several possibilities, and I found a few points regarding my
webapp
> (I'm sure they're not C2 issues:-)):

> So it seems like:
>
> a) A resource needs a serializer;

Yes, I looked into the code and I can confirm this. At least, in its
current implementation, resource needs serializer.

> b) A serializer prevents any further processing;

Yep.

> => In any matcher there can be only one <map:call resource="xxx"/>,
and it
> must be the last stage of the processing.

As of now, yep.

> I'm sure I'm wrong. :-) But please help me find why!
>
> 2)
>
> > Temporary work-around could be:
> > <map:match pattern="data/*">
> >   <map:match pattern="*">
> >     <map:call resource="crea-form-dati"/>
> >   </map:match>
> >   <map:match pattern="*">
> >     <map:call resource="aspetto-finale"/>
> >   </map:match>
> >   <map:serialize/>
> > </map:match>
>
> Just for curiosity, I tried the suggested workaround, but without the
> <map:call resource="xxx"/> (which, as said, stops further processing).
> found that the nested matchers are not evaluated in the context of
their
> "father", but in the same context:

In this sense, yep. Matchers do not change environment.

> that is, the nested <map:match
> pattern="*"> must be changed to <map:match pattern="data/*">.

Consider it typo on my part: I meant "**". Unless, of course, instead of
{../1} you still want to use {1} - then "data/*" will be better.