Hello All
I have resoluted successfully the problem with UTF-8
The solution is
1) Create a DB with encoding UTF-8
2) In XSP or the action class write request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")
3) Since the encoding by default to the serializer is UTF-8, so in response
this won't be a problem
So whatever charcters u input in any language will result in the same
charcters whatever u had inpu

Regards
Sidharth Ghai
Vmoksha Technologies
VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
Diamond District
Kodihally
Banglore

                    KOZLOV Roman

                    <r-kozlov@openca       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    scade.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     Re: UTF-8

                    08/09/2002 12:23

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-users

Hi,

1) What do you get without xsl processing, I mean what is in XML output of
your xsp? Is it contain proper text?
2) Try <xsl:value-of select="data" disable-output-escaping="yes"/> instead
of <xsl:value-of select="data"/> in
your xsl.

Roman

 By the way, my name is Roman.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> HI KoZ
> I am attaching the class file the xsp and the xsl as well please have
alook
> and tell me where I am wrong
> (See attached file: UOM_Catalogue.xsp)(See attached file:
> UOM_Catalogue.xsl)(See attached file: testing.java)
>
> Regards
> Sidharth Ghai
> Vmoksha Technologies
> VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
> Diamond District
> Kodihally
> Banglore
>

>                     KOZLOV Roman
>                     <r-kozlov@openca       To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [...]
> > Please help
> >
> > (See attached file: CocoonHtml.txt)(See attached file: jsphtml.txt)
> > Regards
> > Sidharth Ghai
> > Vmoksha Technologies
> > VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
> > Diamond District
> > Kodihally
> > Banglore
> >

> >                     kavitha ramesh
> >                     <kavitha_igd@ya       To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >                     hoo.co.in>            cc:
> >                                           Subject:     Re: UTF-8
> >                     08/08/2002
> >                     04:40 PM
> >                     Please respond
> >                     to cocoon-users
> >

> > Hi Siddharth,
> >
> > I had an XML file messages_zh.xml which has the
> > messages  in chinese.I opened a chinese text editor
> > and entered the text in chinese.My XML file looks
> > like:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="GB2312"?>
> > <catalogue xml:lang="zh">
> > <message key="welcometext">
> > »¶Ó­ÄãʹÓÃÎÒÃǵķþÎñ£(this are chinese characters)
> > </message>
> > </catalogue>
> >
> > And when I restarted the server my browser displayed
> > chinese message,,,
> >
> > I dont know whether my example is useful for you,,,
> >
> > Kavitha.
> >
> >  --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Hello All
> > > I am doing the following
> > > 1) I have a Unicode database in PostgreSQl
> > > 2) I am inputting some data other than english in
> > > the database.
> > > 3) I am trying to retrieve the data back through
> > > cocoon2.0.3. AN d getting
> > > the HTML as
> > > <head>
> > > <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
> > > charset=ISO-8859-1">
> > > </head>
> > > But the data which was entered is coming like this
> > >
> > >  à ¥�à ¤¸s
> > >

> > >  à ¤¦à ¥�à ¤ªà ¤¨à ¥�à ¤�
> > >

> > > 4) I am trying to do the same thing with JSP and am
> > > getting the data
> > > correct on my page like this.Though the HTML in both
> > > the cases is same I
> > > can not understand why the hell Browser is not
> > > interpreting my Unicode in
> > > case of Cocoon.
> > >
> > > I am getting in case of Jsp like this
> > > <head>
> > > <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
> > > charset=ISO-8859-1">
> > > </head>
> > > Please help me as I am trapped in this for two days
> > > and am not getting what
> > > is wrong with cocoon
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Sidharth Ghai
> > > Vmoksha Technologies
> > > VI th Floor, Corporate Towers 'C'
> > > Diamond District
> > > Kodihally
> > > Banglore

> > Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's
Free!!
> >        visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com

> > For additional commands, e-mail:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >                      Name: CocoonHtml.txt
> >    CocoonHtml.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> >                  Encoding: base64
> >
> >                   Name: jsphtml.txt
> >    jsphtml.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> >               Encoding: base64

> > For additional commands, e-mail:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>                         Name: UOM Catalogue.xsp
>    UOM Catalogue.xsp    Type:
application/x-unknown-content-type-xsp_auto_file
>                     Encoding: base64
>
>                         Name: UOM Catalogue.xsl
>    UOM Catalogue.xsl    Type: XML (text/xml)
>                     Encoding: base64
>
>                    Name: testing.java
>    testing.java    Type: Java(tm) File (Forte(tm) For Java(tm))
(application/x-unknown-content-type-javafile)