First of all, I know this question has been covered,
but none of the list archives are available, so I'll
ask again...
I am running RH7.(2 I think?), JDK1.4, Tomcat
4.0.3-LE-jdk14.
I had previously installed (unsuccesfully) cocoon
2.0.2.  I had had the standard problems people have
with the jdk14 installation (mismatched parser
versions, etc.).  I never did get that working...
I just downloaded and installed the binary
cocoon-2.0.3 for jdk1.4.  First of all, I assume that
the install html pages are obsolete since they
indicate that no inaries exist for jdk1.4.  So I
referred to the INSTALL doc in the distribution tar.gz
file, which suggests removing jaxp and parser jars
from tomcat/lib and puting xerces in there (renamed
parser.jar) (and I've removed the work directory...).
When I restart Tomcat and browse /cocoon/ I get the
dreaded classcast exception "SAX 2... Parser does not
implement XML Reader".

Any suggestions?

tia

=====