Thanks, it actually works by switching back to an older verion of jdbc
driver and only use ifxjdbc.jar.
One more gotya when using XSP however, when I use
 <esql:get-string column="name"/> twice for the same column,
                    <option>
                      <xsp:attribute name="value"><esql:get-string
column="some_col"/></xsp:attribute>
                      <esql:get-string column="some_col"/>
                    </option>
it gives funny error message:
java.sql.SQLException: System or internal error Q154.
By removing one of the line, i.e. get the column once, it works fine. I don
not know whether this is a documented limitation of XSP or due to informix
driver. Just post it here in case someone run into the same funny error
message.

On 14.Aug.2002 -- 03:56 PM, Wang, Gonghui wrote:
> I am using cocoon 2.0.3 under tomcat 4.0.4 to try the employee example. It
> works on Oracle database, but fail for Informix database.

Hi.
I use Informix all the time -- although with an older JDBC driver that
doesn't need the special treatment. For me, ifxjdbc.jar is
sufficiant. You need an entry in web.xml like

   <!-- For Informix Database Driver: -->
    com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver

in <init-param><param-name>load-class</param-name><param-value>....
(next to org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver).

Also, look for the initialization of the pool rather than the
instantiation of it when looking at the log.

For me, a jdbc entry looks like:

        <jdbc logger="core.datasources.vquadrat" name="vquadrat">

<dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://host:port/vquadrat:informixserver=host</dburl>
          <user>username</user>
          <password>password</password>
        </jdbc>

HTH.