I have an old problem on a new machine ;-(

The new machine, where I have just done a 'clean' installation
of an app that runs without any problems on my machine (and
on the local Unix box) has the following config:
- Windows2000
- IIS
- Tomcat 4.0.01
- Cocoon 2.0
- mySQL 3.23.xx

Cocoon itself runs fine, as do the test hssql database samples,
as does the non-database part of the app.

The problems arises when I try to connect to the mySQL database
and get a:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
 Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
 java.lang.RuntimeException:
 Could not get the datasource java.sql.SQLException:
 There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

A search through the mail archives shows that this is *usually* a
problem with the web.xml file.  Here are my various DB-related entries
in the web.xml and cocoon.xconf files:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler -->
        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
        <!--  mySQL Database Driver: -->
        org.gjt.mm.mySQL.Driver
      </param-value>
    </init-param>

   <!-- connection for database -->
    <jdbc name="indicators_user">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="50"/>
      <auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:mysql://nn.nn.nn.nn/indicators</dburl>
      <user>username</user>
      <password>pword</password>
    </jdbc>

I think the problem *might* be with the [hostname] in the <dburl>
setting,
as Tomcat does not run off the localhost [there is *no* localhost on
this machine] but off nn.nn.nn.nn:8080.
I  have tried various combinations of  settings eg.:

jdbc:mysql://nn.nn.nn.nn/
jdbc:mysql://nn.nn.nn.nn:3306/
jdbc:mysql://localhost/
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/

PLEASE - I really need to get this app working at the client asap,
(yesterday,, possible ;-) and did not anticipate these "basic" problems

- I am sure I am missing something simple here and would appreciate
any insight.

Thanks
Derek