From: Koen Pellegrims [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 August 2002 21:43
To: Cocoon-Users@Xml. Apache. Org
Subject: Common practice: how to keep links to html-trees consistent

Guys,

This is something that most of you *must* have come across at one point or
another, and I am just looking for the best solution (I know it is not
really a Cocoon-question, but Cocoon might provide some nice and elegant
solution for this...)

Menu on my site that contains a link to the index-page (index.html)  and
links to (among others) a product-page. In the page-hierarchy, the
product-pages are contained within a 'products' directory.

index.html
products/productA.html
products/productB.html

The problem arises when I display this menu on a product page, because the
browser (rightly so) interprets 'index.html' as being relative to the
'products'-directory.

So, whereas the link to 'index.html' is correct from the index-page, it
refers to 'products/index.html' on any product page. (and even worse: a link
to productA suddenly becomes a link to products/products/productsA.html)

My question is simple: did any of you encounter this problem? And -of
course- how did you solve it?

Koen

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Further information on PM