Thanks for the help Vadim and Luca. My understanding is that aggregation creates a
single XML fragment from many sources, concatenating them all together. Then it
applies the transformation and serialization. However, my documents are not XML but
HTML. Using aggregation and include it seems as though these documents will be
converted to XML, merged into one large XML fragment before being transformed via my
stylesheet. I don't want or need the stylesheet to process the HTML at all. I sort of
need the aggregation to happen after the transformation rather than before. Any
suggestions? Or are there other ways to accomplish this? Surely this must be quite a
common requirement?

Thanks for your time

Michael

Michael Edge wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Is it possible within Cocoon to produce a single page that is made up of both static
>and dynamic content. For example, I would like to produce reports that all contain a
>standard header with images and toolbars, etc., but where the dynamic part of the
>page is generated by an XSP using ESQL. Within Cocoon I can see ways of generating
>static pages using either map:read or map:generate, as in:
>
><map:match pattern="head.html">
>       <map:read src="docs/head.htm" mime-type="text/html"/>
></map:match>
><map:match pattern="head">
>      <map:generate type="html" src="docs/head.htm"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
>And there are ways of generating dynamic pages using XSP, as in:
>
><map:match pattern="reports">
>      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="docs/PCTeamProduct.xsp"/>
>      <map:transform src="stylesheets/PCTeamProduct.xsl"/>
>      <map:serialize/>
></map:match>
>
>Now how can I put these both together so that I get a single HTML page with head.htm
>at the top followed by the output of PCTeamProduct.xsp?

1. Sitemap aggregation. See samples.
2. Includes. See samples.

Vadim

>Thanks for the help
>
>Regards
>
>Michael

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or