Matthew Hailstone wrote:

>Vadim,
>  Thanks for relating my problem to the FAQ. Now I understand. :) That
>was the problem.
>
>Interesting to note, though, here is the change that fixed the problem:
>
>  <!-- Download Server -->
>  <map:pipeline>
>      <map:match pattern="download">

1> Entered match scope

>          <map:act type="request">
>              <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>

2> Entered act "request" scope

>              <map:act type="resource-exists">
>-------------------  section of change  -------------------------------
>                  <map:parameter name="url" value="download/{file}"/>

3> Entered act "resource-exists" scope

>                  <map:read src="download/{../file}"/>
>-------------------  section of change  -------------------------------

3> About to exit act "resource-exists" scope

>              </map:act>

2> Again at act "request" scope

>              <map:generate src="filenotfound.xml"/>
>              <map:transform src="filenotfound2html.xsl"/>
>              <map:serialize/>

2> About to exit act "request" scope

>          </map:act>

1> About to exit match scope

>      </map:match>
>  </map:pipeline>
>
>Notice that I changed the path to the variable in the map:read but not
>the map:parameter. When I changed the map:parameter use of the {file}
>variable, I got the html page generated by the filenotfound xml and xsl
>portions of the pipeline. Why is this so?

See at scopes of variables. Parameters are not separate entities but
belong to the parent tag (same as in XSLT).

Vadim