question about paragraph formatting and taking such content and properly
displaying it:

I've created an item.xml and item.xsl file and there is a description
for the item such as:

<item>
<name>Widget</name>
<description>This is a widget.
</description>
</item>

Now I want to extend the ability for users of this format to put in a
description such as they would have in a long-description from a word
document such as (of course word would not do paragraph markers like
this, but you get the picture):
All work and no play make jack a dull boy. All work and no play make
jack a dull boy. All work and no play make jack a dull boy. All work and
no play make jack a dull boy. All work and no play make jack a dull
boy. All work and no play make jack a dull boy.
All work and no play make jack a dull boy. All work and no play make
jack a dull boy. All work and no play make jack a dull boy. All work and
no play make jack a dull boy. All work and no play make jack a dull
boy. All work and no play make jack a dull boy.

Is there anyway to insert html into the <description> element?
 currently I just made a <paragraph> element which gets repeated and
gets formatted as above. I'm looking for a more elegant solution which
might involve parsing word for paragraphs or the like.

Thanks in advance!