Thanks todd

I am only working with the pre-compiled binary version (Win)
and so I am not sure if what you said applies (or if I have
misunderstood altogether waht you are suggesting)...

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 21/08/2002 04:31:11 >>>
Im not sure what is causing YOUR problem, but I found that MY problem
was
caused because (for some incomprehensible reason) the 2.0.3 release of
cocoon was built against an old avalon-excalibur release. The 4.1
avalon-excalibur has moved the LogKitLoggerManager from the
/components
directory to the /logger directory and the GeneratorSelector barfed
when it
could not find it. So you can try to find the appropriate .jar to use
in
your deployment scenario, or recompile cocoon against the new .jar (if
in
fact this is your problem).

HTH

-todd