> Not easily, because the 'match' attribute cannot be dynamic. Eg, I

Oh, I see... so you want a *dynamic* selector.

Hmm... this was not apparent from your example, It seemed you wanted just a way to
select one chapter amongst many.

Anyway, I think you should dirt your fingers with Xalan to get want you want. I cannot
appreciate if this prospective
XPathTransformer could be of general use, though... I never had such a need myself.

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]