Alan, thanks, that helped to solve one problem, in other words: I am not
getting the NullPointer exception anymore. Strangely enough, it looks like
the CastorTransformer is not kicking in at all now. Please find below
various fragments of code

from the sitemap:

   <map:transformer name="castor"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CastorTransformer">
     <mapping>props/castor-bind.xml</mapping>
   </map:transformer>

and

  <map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="publish/castor/showAccountNatures.xml">
      <map:generate src="xml/viewAccountNatures.xml"/>
      <map:transform type="castor"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

And here's my viewAccountNatures.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<page xmlns:castor="http://castor.exolab.org/cocoontransformer";>
  <!-- <castor:InsertBean name="accountNature" scope="request" /> -->
  <castor:InsertBean name="accountNature" scope="request"/>
</page>

With all these configs, I'd expect to see the following output ...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
  <account-nature>
    <identifier>1</identifier>
    <description>TRADING</description>
  </account-nature>
</page>

but I still get

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <page xmlns:castor="http://castor.exolab.org/cocoontransformer";>
    <castor:InsertBean name="accountNature" scope="request" />
  </page>

Any other idea ? I am at the end of my knowledge. Looking at various log
files, I can see that a CastorTransformer instrance is being created, added
to the pool, used, returned from the poo, etc. Not asingle exception ,
either

Thanks
Werner

PS Btw, the Castor sample shipped with Cocoon 2.0.3 has an error in the
namespace documentation of the test.xml file, iow it really reads

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<zoo xmlns:castor="http://castor.exolab.org/cocoontransfomer";>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Mouse"/>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Lion"/>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Hamster"
mapping="castor-mappings/test-mapping_de.xml"/>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Wale"/>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Elefant" scope="session"/>
        <castor:InsertBean name="Elefant" scope="request"/>
</zoo>

when it should be

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<zoo xmlns:castor="http://castor.exolab.org/cocoontransformer";> <!-- with