I have the following requirement.. I am sorry If I have posted
to the woring site. Since cocoon uses XSLT a lot, I guess I
will be better helped here.... Please do help me on this...

Consider the following XML....

I need to extract the description for the language
which appears first when sorted alphabetically.....

In this case I need the description for lang "de" i.e German Descrciption...
The script should extract only for the language de...

<Item>
 <description>
  <lang>en</lang>
  <value>Description</value>
 </description>
 <description>
  <lang>de</lang>
  <value>German Description</value>
 </description>
 <description>
  <lang>es</lang>
  <value>Spanish Description</value>
 </description>
</Item>

Could any one of you please advice me on how to build
an XSLT script to solve this issue...

Thanks and regds,
Chiths

PS: How does one return a XML node from a template....