I will try to explain the same error as yours.

Have you checking if the authentication manager is getting the right
parameters?

1-I am now getting this:

DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:700   [core.manager] (/myapp/my-login)
Thread-6/ResourceLimitingPool: Got a
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManager
from the pool.
DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:700   [core.roles] (/myapps/my-login)
Thread-6/DefaultRoleManager: looking up shorthand authentication-manager,
returning
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManager
DEBUG   (2002-09-23) 03:19.57:701   [core.authentication-manager]
(/multipremios/ags-login) Thread-6/AuthenticationManager: BEGIN authenticate
handler=myhandler, parameters=SourceParameters: {password = (), name = ()}
                                                                          ^^^^
2-The sitemap is not "serving" the params as requested, see the fragment of my
sitemap:

<map:match pattern="ags-login">
        <map:act type="auth-login">
            <map:parameter name="handler" value="agshandler"/>
            <map:parameter name="parameter_name"
                value="{request:name}"/>
            <map:parameter name="parameter_password"
                value="{request:password}"/>
            <map:redirect-to uri="{request:url}"/>
        </map:act>
        <!-- An error ocurred -->
        <map:generate src="docs/aut-error.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/thestyle.xsl"/>
        <map:transform type="encodeURL"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

3-I also check and the caller is serving the params as follow (from core.log):

REQUEST PARAMETERS:

PARAM: 'password' VALUES: '[mypass]'
PARAM: 'name' VALUES: '[myname]'

4-What I am doing wrong?