gv wrote:

>Joerg Heinicke wrote:

<snip/>

>I've read some of the other responses, and so far, it
>looks like there probably isn't an easy or standard
>way that this can be done. I think it'd be a useful
>addition to XSP/ESQL; seems to me that there should be
>a way to produce *any* kind of well-formed XML using a
>combination of XSP and ESQL tags.

It wouldn't be sufficient to equip XSP with the ability to generate
lexical events. You can do it right now with some Java code in the XSP.
As I said in my previous e-mail, even if you generate the lexical
events for CDATA section boundaries, some component in the
pipeline, possibly the serializer, ignores them.

My question was whether some of the developers knew where the
lexical events got dropped, and whether it is possible to provide an
alternative behaviour, whereby the CDATA section boundaries
would actually make it into the output?

Thanks!
--
Ilya