I'm not that familiar with XMLHTTP, but you can echo back the input of any cocoon
stream by placing an xml serializer after the generator. If, for instance, you were
using the 2.0.3 StreamGenerator to post the data, your pipeline would look like this:

<map:match pattern="test">
     <map:generate type="stream"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>