Which is a matter of editing
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/ExtendedComponentSelector.java,
adding the following method at the end of the file and rebuilding Cocoon.

public boolean hasComponent(Object hint) {
     boolean exists = super.hasComponent( hint );
     if ( !exists && this.parentSelector != null ) {
         exists = this.parentSelector.hasComponent( hint );
     }
     return exists;
}

Lajos

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Christopher Watson wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm having problems with a sub-sitemap
>>
>> I'm on 2.0.3 release. It works on tomcat 4.0.1 and 4.0.4 but doesn't with
>> 4.1.10 or 4.1.12
>>
>> The example subsitemap http://10.1.1.2:8080/cocoon203/sub/ shows the same
>> problem.
>> It's a problem of sitemap 'inheritance' as far as I can tell.
>>
>> The error I get from the example URL above is as follows ..

>> : Type 'wildcard' is not defined for 'match' at
>> file:/F:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/cocoon203/sub/sitemap.xmap:21:26
>>
>> True, the wildcard matcher component is not declared in the
>> subsitemap, but
>> used to 'inherit' it from the 'root' sitemap
>> at file:/F:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/cocoon203/sitemap.xmap in the above
>> example.
>>
>> If I declare the lost wildcard matcher component in the subsitemap
>> then it
>> works, or at least, I get the next error caused by the failed
>> 'inheritance'
>>
>> So I guess I have a workaround in declaring everything in the subsitemap,
>> but this kind of defeats the object !?
>>
>> I've just done a clean install on tomcat 4.0.1 (works) and 4.1.10
>> (doesn't)
>> to check my sanity on this!
>> It's weird that the version of Tomcat should create this different
>> behaviour.
>> Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
>>

> Seems you have switched to interpreted sitemap which (IIRC) in 2.0.3
> release had some bugs. These were fixed later on, in 2.0.4-dev.
>
> Vadim
>

>> Christopher

galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support