Hi people,

let's say you have a website with an administrative section that is
protected using the Authentication Framework:

<map:match pattern="admin/**">

   <map:act type="auth-protect">
     <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>

     <map:match pattern="admin/newuser">
     </map:match>

     <map:match pattern="admin/deluser">
     </map:match>

     <!-- more matchers here -->

   </map:act>

   <!--
      - if the user is not authenticated,
      - redirect him to the login page
     -->
   <map:redirect-to uri="login"/>

</map:match>

The problem here is that when someone requests an URI like
"admin/this-uri-does-not-match-anything", they are redirected to the
login page. I'd like to generate a "404 Not Found" result code instead,
and possibly have it trapped by the map:handle-errors block.

I'm using C2.1-dev and I see there's a NotifyingGenerator, but I cannot
figure out whether it would be useful in this case and how to use it.

Any hints?

        TIA,

                Ugo

--