Hi and sorry for the cross-posting, this might interest both lists although
I think it may be purely a Tomcat-specific problem.

Tomcat 4.1.12 - CATALINA_OPTS allow 128 MB of RAM (out of 512 physical),
with "catalina run" command to see more console log.
Cocoon 2.1-dev from CVS.
JDK 1.3.1
Windows NT4 SP6
Few other apps running, at least memory is not fully used.
Eclipse 2.0.1 to edit and compile java code.
reloadable="true" for my webapp (other webapps are defined in server.xml and
also reloadable but I don't call their URI.

Issue :

I change some code in a java class, save so that it compiles automaticaly.
After a few (3 to 6) compiles/reloads my webapp dies with
"ClassCastException", "IllegalStateException", or Tomcat dies with
"OutOfMemoryError".

When I was using Tomcat 4.0.5 and JBuilder 6 I had few problems with
automatic reloads, at least not so many errors...

Barbara