Greetings!

I'm an "old" Cocoon1 user and probably waked up too late for Cocoon2,
but, this really scare me to "death" :

application deploy
====
        When deploying my Cocoon2 application, spain, this will be my
file structure :
        (<cocoon> is the cocoon2 root, for example webapps\cocoon)

                <cocoon>/
                  WEB-INF/
                    cocoon.xconf
                    web.xml
                    taglibs/
                      spain/logicsheet/
                        mylogic.xsl
                        db.xsl
                  spain/
                    sitemap.xmap
                    simple.xsp
                    db.xsp
                    spain.xslt

        What I really don't like in this is to edit the cocoon.xconf or
web.xml under <cocoon>/WEB-INF. If I look at the cocon.xconf or web.xml
that came in    the cocoon2.war, I have a "zillion" settings. Suppose I
will have a trillion of applications here. Then I would have to made a
trillion of changes to  the above mentioned files? I tried to look for
another way of configuring my cocoon2 application, like a
<cocoon>/spain/WEB-INF directory where to       put my cocoon.xconf and
web.xml without changing anything else when deploying.

Am I missing something?! Can anyone of you point me to the right
direction? In Cocoon1 each application had it's own cocoon.properties
and web.xml files and I expected no less from Cocoon2. If this was a
disadvantage, then enlighten me of the advantages of this "centralized
management".

Thanks to all!

Luís Góis
IT QMS Configuration Management Team