From: neil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 September 2002 3:23 PM
To: Cocoon-Users (E-mail)
Subject: avalon.excalibur ping of oracle fails

Hi,
Has anyone using oracle already solved this one?

Although my app works OK, I'm getting debug messages (shown below) indicating that the
database "ping" fails
so cocoon is dicarding the connection and creating a new one.
I guess its going slower than it could due to this.

I do have
  <datasources>
    <jdbc ...>
      <pool-controller oradb="true" ...
in my cocoon.xconf, but this doesn't seem to be finding its way into
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.AbstractJdbcConnection where it executes the
query
to ping the database (a different query for oracle than for other rdbms's).

My cocoon is a snapshot of the cocoon_2_0_3_branch taken on 2002-08-16 and
has WEB-INF/lib/avalon-excalibur-vm14-20020705.jar.