Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
Tomcat constructs it's own classpath, as I've understood it, but I've got to make sure that I have the correct classpath when I compile stuff, right?

Well, I have set it to
echo $CLASSPATH
/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/WEB-INF/classes:/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/WEB-INF/lib:/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes:/var/lib/tomcat4/WEB-INF/lib:/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes:/var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/lib
Kjetil,

the CLASSPATH is not so smart as to figure out what jars are in a directory and use them. You have to list each directory in /var/lib/tomcat4/webapps/WEB-INF/lib explicitly.

Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/