Thanks Leo It's OK
Marcel
----- Original Message -----
From: leo leonid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Basic questions about deployment and mount

On Dienstag, Oktober 22, 2002, at 03:58  Uhr, Marcel Bariou wrote:

> Hi everybody
> I've done the cocoon install with apache integration, with JK and so
> on ... It's OK it works. I check with the <Context/> element than It
> seem I can place the install zone of Cocoon where I want , not
> necessary in the Tomcat install, it woks (but is that correct ?).
correct

>  After the install I've only the cocoon.war file in place, no more.
>
> But I don't understand how to deploy in an other way than the use of
> cocoon.war, could somebody tell me more about. For example how to
> install the subtree from the build zone of cocoon. The question is, if
> I want to create a sub application I need the mount directory, but
> I've no mount directory. Certainly I miss something. Could somebody
> brings me some light about this issue?

You can delete the war-file. Just use the cocoon directory rename it if
you like to myCocoonProjects.
You can delete all the default files/dirs (samples, etc); just make
sure you didn't delete the contents of WEB_INF (*.jar, *.conf, etc)
Place all your sub projects in myCocoonProjects, each shoud have a
sitemap.
Mount your sub projects with a main sitemap located in the root of
myCocoonProjects.
This should work. In addition, I generally create an explicit Context
entry in the servlet-conainer configuration.

Hope this helps.
/Leo