Hy;
maybe this message belongs to the developers list, but since it
is about documentation, i am unshure:

During evaluation of cocoon-2.0.3 i found a discrepancy
in the serializers docs:

the document shows an example, how to configure a serializer.
(see documents/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html)

Look at the usage of the <indent> tag (the following lines
are a verbatim copy from the docs)

<map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">

. . .
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
<indent>1</indent>
</map:serializer>

I tried to use the <indent>1</indent> tag on the XML
serializer. That did not work as expected. Then i tried to use <indent>yes</indent> which is conform to the

<xsl:output indent=yes"/> known within the XSLT

and, guess what? It worked.

I tried to use the <XSL:output> directly in the stylesheet, but
that was completely ignored, hmm...

I just wonder, if the docs are wrong, or i use an xslt-processor,
which is not "officially" supported by cocoon. Although i simply
installed the cocoon-2.0.3 on top of tomcat-4.1.12

Just another minor subtility:

when i specify an invalid encoding within the <encoding> tag,
the serializer silently turns this into UTF-8. I personally would
like to see an error message instead. This would help a lot.

Any hints are welcome.

regards, hussayn
--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous