I may be wrong, but i assume, the problem comes from
the redirection specs in your sitemap:

When you call the source
http://localhost:8080/Cocoontest/servlet/cocontest.Servlet2

cocoon probably does this by making a http:client call to that resource. This is definitely done in a separate session. What exactly do you
want to achieve? Couldn't this be done cheeper by passing parameters in the redirect of your Servlet1 to Servlet2 ?

regards, hussayn

CLAIS, Rene wrote:

I have seen this subject (Cocoon with Servlets) in a huge number of archive
Anyway no one can explain me how my problem can be solved (I do not find the right one !!)

The problem is : how can I retrieve java object in a cocoon session ?

My example:

I have a cocoon XLM / XSL showing a HTML page (That works !)
This HTML contains a form which call my Servlet1 (That works !)

<form action="Servlet1" method="post>
Your name: <input type="text" name="thename"/>
</form>

This Servlet1 make a senRedirect to ../Cocoon/servlet2 (Good that works)
the site map contains:
<map:pipeline> <map:match pattern="servlet2">
<map:generate src="http://localhost:8080/Cocoontest/servlet/cocontest.Servlet2"/>
<map:transform src="appl/servlet2.xsl"/>
<map:serialize/>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

The cocoontest.Servlet2 write a xml layout in the generator
this one is transformed by the "appl/servlet2.xsl"
and serialized in a HTML page.

All this stuff works well.
In my Servlet1 I put some attributes in the session:

session.setAttribute=("test","cocoon is great !!");

In my Servlet2 I get this attribute:

String value = (String) session.getAttribute("test");

This instruction return a null in the String value.

Does that means that the session of the first called servlet and the session of the second calling servlet are not the same ?

If no: ====> what is wrong ?
if yes: how can I put objects in session that can be retrieved by servlets writing in the Cocoon generator ?

Thanks a lot for advice and help

René Clais

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous