Also suggest you do some reading of your own...  have a
look at the database tutorials linked off of:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/tutorial/index.html
(the one by Leigh Dodds is especially helpful, and there
is also one by Michal Durdina)

and maybe think about a different approach from the PHP
one that you may be used to ... i.e. one that fits into the
Cocoon philosophy of "separation of concerns" (you *do*
know about this, I assume ;-)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/11/2002 02:23:01 >>>
Dear Hai,

there is a scripting language available for Cocoon,
namely XSP, where you can execute Java-Statements.
To access databases an alternative approach would be
to use a component as the SQL Transformer.

Greetings!
Rimbert