Too be honest I started using cocoon three months ago and am following a very
iterative process to eventually start talking to the db, e.g. do the look and feel,
validation, security, etc. were done first.

I had initially tried to get it running but even the sample authentication seemed
busted.  I'm on an old cocoon dev build from maybe a month a go so maybe it's fixed.

So I've stubbed out what would actually occur (e.g. the db IO) in the authentication
resource.  So I'm not much help there other than I haven't seen your sitemap which has
to some pass through variables e.g. password username and whatever else you want to
pass through.  so send the sitemap.

I'll be hopefully talking to the db later this week or next week so stuff like this
stubbed out code will go away...

later, md