In your XSLT file, right under xsl:stylesheet, include:

<xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" method="text" />

-----Original Message-----
From: Oskar Casquero [mailto:jtacaoio@;bi.ehu.es]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 11:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: "xml version" procesing instruction and text serializer?

I want to obtain a text file (not xml) from an XSLT transformation. The
problem is that after doing the transformation and serializing the
result with a text serializer, the <?xml version="1.0"?> processing
instruction appears at the beginning of the text file, so I have to
delete it manually. Do I have to modify text serializer or is there
another way to delete the <?xml version="1.0"?> processing instruction?

Oskar