Luca,

I'm doing something very similar to implement a SOAPTransformer. What I've done is
implement an XMLConsumer so that it passes ALL events that it recieves directly to the
transformer's super-class (super.startElement, super.endElement... etc.) Because
you've probably already started an output SAX stream that you want to embed the
content of the string in, you simply neglect to pass along the startDocument and
endDocument events. This is very important. Otherwise, the solution is pretty simple.
Hope this helps.

/S

--
Steven Cummings