Hi,
 I am using  xml datbase SocratesXML 1.3 which has support for XML:DB API.
 I am trying to integrate it with cocoon2.
I have cofigured following things
for cocoon.xconf
  <source-handler logger="core.source-handler">
    .
    .
    .
    <!-- xmldb pseudo protocol -->
    <protocol class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSourceFactory" name="xmldb">
      <!-- Add here other XML:DB compliant databases drivers -->
      <!-- SocratesXML XMLDB Driver -->
      <driver class="ordbxml.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="socratesxml"/>
    </protocol>
    .
    .
    .
</source-handler>
and  sitemap.xmap
    <!-- ======================= XML:DB ============================== -->
 <map:match pattern="demodb/**">
  <map:generate src="xmldb:socratesxml:///demodb/Mytown University/Student applications/{1}"/>
 <!--  <map:transform src="maps-sheets/applicationxsl.xsl"/> --> <!-- Statement 1-->
  <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>
I have database setup with XMLResource Chani at collection Mytown University/Student applications/
Note Statement i is being commented. When request  for url http://localhost:8080/cocoon/demodb/Chani it completely displays
Chani XML on browser. But by being statement 1 uncommented it throws attched exception.
What could be the reason? I think in first case it looks for transformer . If it is not there it calls getContent or else getContentAsSAX.
Is there any Idia. Is it possible to use cutomer code to generate XML enevts for XML:DB pseudo protocol. If yes any idea to how go about it?

With Thanks and Regards,

B. Subrahmanya Nayak
Member Technical Staff,
HCL Technologies Ltd.,

Disclaimer:

This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only. If you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation, contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!