Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 05:17, Geoff Howard wrote:

Yes, that was the specific error that people were
getting when the older jars distributed with the jdk
were not properly overridden.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103692889710176&w=2

So do you see anything wrong in those installation notes?
http://www.murrayc.com/temp/cocoon_install_notes.txt
Clearly copying the jars has had some effect.

Murray For what its worth I finally pitched the rpms in favor of the Sun JWSDP package. I could not get soap running for the same  dreaded error., and spent a week chasing xerces, endorsed libs, etc etc. Within five minutes of downloading jwsdp_1_0_01 I had a tomcat system running with soap then cocoon.  I had installed both on NT side with tomcat 4 no problem. So There is something IMHO in the rpms . Although all my other apps worked fine.