This was how I did it originally, yes, it works fine, but I found it much slower :(

regards Jeremy

PS. Always glad to help the Police with their enquiries ;)

On Tuesday, Nov 19, 2002, at 16:15 Europe/London, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Jeremy,
Thanks again for your reply.
I have though had another thought which appears to work ;-)
This involves using some of the ideas from
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102617106411067&w=2

which basically refers to using xpointer to get a document fragment using
the @search:uri attribute of the search results xml (using the
SearchGenerator)

e.g.
<a target="_blank" href="{@search:uri}">
<xi:include href="{concat(substring-before($url, '.htm'),
'.xml')}#xpointer(/news_item/heading/text())" />
</a><br />
<xi:include href="{concat(substring-before($url, '.htm'),
'.xml')}#xpointer(/news_item/body/paragraph[1])" />

This appears to work. I am sure there is some reason why this isn't in
keeping with SoC etc. of cocoon but I can't see why it shouldn't as the
importing of other xml document fragments is done with the same xsl
stylesheet as is doing the rest of the formatting.

Anyway, unless I come across another reason for not doing it this way
this works for me (at the moment). The only issue I have got to get to
grips with now is how not to actually index the content of the index.xml
file and how to make the stylesheet more generic if it doesn't find the
elements pointed to by xpointer expression.

Cheers for all your help (I have no doubt that this thread will come into
play with what I will come across with this project!)

Conrad

Conrad Crampton J
Software Solutions
Kent Police