>If I have well understood, I could replace the hard-coded values of
allHobbies by a query to a database. >isn't it?
Yes. Just fill the appropriate Java structure of your choice with the
database values after querying it.

>What would be the solution if I want to retrieve the allHobbies values from
an external xml file?
>Is there an example?
Well, I'm using Xindice as the backend DB. I'm using DOM nodes to load the
content from the DB and then map those nodes to the form (there's an example
in the wizard with DOM nodes, too). It took me some time to make it work but
I know I get it. I do not have the code right here, but could send you a
complete example later today if you're interested.

Best.