It sounds like you're talking about using xsp to
create actions, which I haven't done.  However, there
seem to be enough mingled concepts in your questions
that perhaps straightening those out will be all you
need:

--- Robert_Sösemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anybody have "good" and detailed examples about
> how to use actions

_use_ or _write_ actions?  using them is demonstrated
all over the examples.  writing them in java and using
them is explained pretty well at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/actions.html

> for
> those newbies, that used xsp before.
while you can use xsp and the action logicsheet to
write actions (or so I understand) I'd recommend
getting straight on how to do it the old fashioned way
first.  Actions are one of the easiest custom
components to write in cocoon (only one method in the
interface).

> What i don't know is:
>
> where to place my java code that cocoon finds and
> compiles it.

When? At build time?  I'm not sure but I think
anything under the src/java directory gets compiled.
You don't need to do that, though.  You only need a
few jars on the classpath (cocoon and avalon
framework) what they're called exactly depends on what
version you have.  But if you've been trying this as
an xsp, then what java files?

> how to use sitemap parameters inside the action
Do you mean how to get at the parameters inside the
<map:act> tag? (you use the
org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.Parameters
reference passed in to the act method)or how to return
the results of your action to the sitemap (you simply
place them in a HashMap as key-value pairs and return
the HashMap from the act method)?

> where to place paramters - inside generate or act
huh?  no generate in an action.  what do you mean
place?

> what the difference is between
> xsp-request:get-parameter and
this looks up the named parameter from the request
object - meaning it came in from a GET or POST

> <xsp:expr>parameters.getParameter(...
this uses the parameters reference passed to act to
get at <map:act type="myAction"><map:parameter
name="myParam>value</map:parameter></map:act> see
above.

> Since I changed xsp to action I have nothing but
> trouble especially that
Do you mean you had a generator written in xsp that
now you are trying to rework as an action using the
action logicsheet?

http://mailplus.yahoo.com