Sir,
I too experienced that no one would give any answers.  But, i am wondering
if the cocoon-users mail list server is always behaving correctly.  i am
subscribed to the cocoon-users list, but this is the first time that i have
seen your message.  i did not receive any of your previous postings on this
question.

i too got sendmail to work for me slightly.  however, i was never able to
get sendmail to authenticate or to attach a file.

i gave up on sendmail.  Instead i use an action in which i have some JAVA
mail client code.  Now i can control the code exactly to meet my
requirements.  i am no longer dependent on code that has no documentation
beyond a simple tutorial - which in its own self was very interesting - just
no clues as to how to proceed with such things as authentication and file
attachment.

if i can help in any way - a code snippet? - let me know. if you are going
to continue with sendmail, i cannot help.

another subject - i know that you are talking about attaching a file to an
email.  but, while we are on the subject of attaching files.  if there is
ever a time when you want to attach a file to an HTTP request  (file
uploading) - cocoon does this automatically.  i was going crazy trying to
figure out how to do it - i accidentally looked in the cocoon upload
directory and there the file was - sitting right there as nice as could be -
kinda like magic.  i would like to know more about the class that was used
to parse the multipart form, but i have not been able to fidn it just yet.

good luck with sending emails,

Ray