Tomcat/Cocoon on our production server has somehow reached a bad state after
attempting to launch our Web site. Tomcat restarts but does not respond to
any requests. The machine is currently closed off from the outside world, so
it can't be a question of load, I think. I've deleted the files in the two
directories I see named "cache-dir":

/var/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/cocoon/cocoon-files/cache-dir
/var/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/_/cocoon-files/cache-dir

But I'm assuming that there are other files somewhere else that could be
maintaining this bad state. Basically, I just need an enumeration of where
Cocoon stores state between Tomcat restarts, if that is possible.

Thanks much,
Evan