Nice guess, but three asterisks is not defined.  mysite/** will match
literally everything after the slash.  If you need to seperate out the file
extension, you can do mysite/**.* (the values will be stored in {1} and {2})
but then you have to have a .XXX request.  If you will only sometimes have a
.XXX match, you need to either split the pipeline into two different ones,
or use a regexp matcher (which may not be defined in the default sitemap).

Geoff Howard