On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> Nonsense...  Apply-templates works just fine with included templates.
> What's missing from the included code is the place that the apply is invoked
> so we can't tell if it's being done correctly.  It's also possible that some
> other template with higher precedence is matching first.

This is the entire included file from my actual attempts (the match is
different from the one I sent before):

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <xsl:template match="title">
    <h1><xsl:apply-templates/></h1>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

The above template match="title" works fine if I paste it into the main
xsl file.  But if instead, right there in it's place, in the main xsl, I
put this:

<xsl:include href="stylesheets/other.xsl"/>

to include the above file, the match is no longer applied in the output.
I'm perfectly open to other ways of doing this.  I'm just getting started.

This is Cocoon 2.0.1 BTW, if there's a known problem.