Hi,

13 dec 2002, 22:25:29:

BS> Hello everyone -

BS> I hope this may help others out, and if anyone has any insight into why
BS> sunRise may not "play nice" with JDK 1.4.1, it is welcomed. Conversely,
BS> I would be interested to hear from people who have gotten sunRise to
BS> run without any issues on JDK 1.4.1.

well after a while spent on various searches (and researches) my gold
combination is (I work on WinXP Pro):

1. JDK 1.4_01 as well as 1.4.1_01
2. Cocoon 2.0.3 (release) as well as 2.0.4 (release)

everything works perfectly (at least the /sunspotdemo exapmle portal
works fine (logging in, logging out)) UNDER THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:

primo: tomcat has to be installed and run as a WinNT service
secondo: you have to do a little jar-swap-trick before you give it a
         try :)

<the little jar-swap-trick>
une: place the cocoon war into the webapps dir and let it unpack or in
     any other way properly install cocoon
deux:you stop the tomcat service
trois: you delete or 'disable' by changing the extension to anything
       but "jar" of the two jar files in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed/
quatre: you copy xerces,xalan and xmlapi jars from
        webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed/
        (eg. xml-apis.jar, xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar, xalan-2.3.1.jar)
cinq: you delete any work files from cocoon from the work dir (I
      dont't know if it helps in any matter but I fell safer when I do that :) )
six: you start the tomcat service
</the little jar-swap-trick>

--
 ilfrin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]