Hello Robert,

it's the old JAR problem using Java 1.4. Copy xalan-xx.jar, xerces-xx.jar and xml-apis.jar (the versions used in current Cocoon) for example into %TOMCAT_HOME%/common/endorsed.

Regards,

Joerg

Robert Ellis Parrott wrote:
From the latest 2.1 dev out of CVS, I'm having trouble with serializers in
general, so something in general is haywire.

I have a very minimal sitemap, which is below an even more minimal
sitemap. I'm just trying (for now) to read an xml file with a generator,
then serialize it as xml or text or html etc. The error I get (after
making sure that all the components are registered) is:

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException: Cannot set XMLSerializer
outputstream: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output
format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!

The stack trace is below. This same xml and sitemap setup works in 2.0.4,
and worked in earlier versions. I've tried switching from XSLTC to Xalan,
but this didn't change anything.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

thanx,

rob