Robert Sösemann wrote:
>. . .
Because it is a really long classpath I mad a .bat. Running it I get an
error that the line is too long.
If it is really a "line too long" problem and not and "out of environment space" problem, you might want to try to setup the classpath in several steps:

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.\someDir\someJar.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.\someDir\someOtherJar.jar

>. . .
Is there a way to set the classpath
directory-wise and not include each .jar?
I don't think so.

--
 Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 blogspace http://www.codeconsult.ch/bertrand