Thanks for the responses.  My compile was getting stuck near
the very end, creating the war file.  Anyhow, after setting the
env var    export ANT_OPTS="-Xms100m -Xmx228m"   and rerunning
same build command i had earlier, worked.  Fyi, the war file
created is now    25245720 Jan 23 17:25 cocoon.war.. this is
huge, 25meg.  Not all samples work still, and like the slide
show which was working for me not too long ago. Oh well.

Regards,
enio

http://mailplus.yahoo.com