actually, i think i know where this would be - the reason it's
happening that way is that when CocoonServlet processes a request,
it requests an/the instance of Cocoon (can't remember if that's pooled
or singleton) and passes a boolean like isReloadable to trigger checking
of the sitemap source file(s) for changes.  there may be an asynchronous
behavior option which causes it to reload after the request comes in a
separate thread.  feel free to check on your own (search through web.xml and
cocoon.xconf) but i'll be able to do so later today.

in general, cocoon uses incoming requests to trigger
checks like that more than one might like.  the reason IIRC is to reduce
the number of monitor type threads/resources that would be necessary to
track
changes independantly.  there are some smart people that have worked on that
stuff so i'd be predisposed to trust that they had quantified the benefit
of the current architecture, but it may be worth looking into.

anyway, it may be possible to trigger the reload when the servlet is
reloaded rather
than the request coming in.  I've been meaning to dig back into
CocoonServlet
for a different issue, so I'll take a look into that as well.

in the meantime, if someone who actually knows what they're talking about
(as
opposed to me) wants to chime in... too bad they probably don't play the
HolidayInn
Express commercials in Europe - I could make a funny joke on myself.

Geoff